Montag, 22. September 2008

Arriving 'home'



3 weeks Foundational Training are over now! I had a really good time, brilliant! And now I'm so glad to be in my new home! My host family is so lovely, my bedroom is wonderful, I've got a very big bed and my own bathroom, and we have a piano and guitar and the landscape in and around Glossop is amazing!

I arrived on Saturday and on the way from Richmond to Glossop I couldn't stop wowing! The area is very hilly and there are many fields and meadows around. And on our journey the sun was shining which made it even more beautiful!
Yesterday I went for a walk with my other host parents (I'm going to change the families during my stay here) and I really loved it!

Today I had a day off, so I enjoyed sleeping in in my big bed :) and during the day Mandy and Tim (my host parents) showed me some parts of the area. And now I'm ready and very excited to start tomorrow with my team in our office. We probably won't be in schools this week because this is Vision Week, we're just going to set up plans, getting to know the area, our team and other organizational stuff. I'm really looking forward to that all!

A little bit about my host families. The family I'm staying with at the beginning is Tim and Mandy who are probably a little bit younger than my (real) parents and they have two sons called Ben and Jake, Ben just went left home for University and Jake is on his last year at school. The couple I'm going to stay with later on is Keith and Susan, two lovely people (a little bit older than my parents) who have a son called Gary who is married to Regan and they have a sweet eight-year-old daughter called Hemarnie, a very lively girl! I got to know them yesterday in Church and afterwards when we had lunch together at Keith and Susan's house. And Keith and Susan have a daughter, which I don't know yet cause she's married and lives somewhere else. But I’m sure I’m going to get to know them as well.

I wish you all a nice week.
God bless you!

ps> I'm happy about every mail I get! :)
xx

Keine Kommentare: